All students must be tested to be considered for entry. Testing will be held in early February for the Kindergarten program. Testing for Grades 1 – 8 will be given in the Spring and waiting lists will be taken. Registration for all families will require that all fees be paid in May.
Documents Required: Families must bring in the child’s Baptismal Certificate and Parish Verification for Kinder Testing. Families must bring in the child’s Baptismal Certificate, most recent report card, test scores and Parish Verification to schedule testing for grades 1-8.
Immunization records must be updated every school year with the school office.
All Students Entering 7th & 8th Grades will need proof of a Tdap Booster Shot before starting school. This requirement can be met by receiving one dose of Tdap vaccine on or after the 10th birthday.
St. Joseph Catholic School, mindful of its mission to be a witness to the love of Christ for all, admits students of any sex, race, color, disability, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, disability, national and ethnic origin in administration of educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs and athletic and other school administered programs (#5010 Diocesan Handbook).
Priority of Student Admission
- Siblings of children already attending St. Joseph will be given enrollment priority if they are ready.
- All parents are required to provide proof of registration in a Catholic parish. Priority is given to supportive Catholic alumni, and Catholic students whose families are registered in St. Joseph Parish. Children from other Catholic parishes and other faiths will be admitted if openings exist.
- Parents are to subscribe to the school’s philosophy and agree in their contract to abide by the educational policies and regulations of the school and diocese.
Transfer students will be admitted if the following requirements have been met satisfactorily.
- An opening exists
- A grade competence test is passed
- No outstanding financial obligation to previous school
- Parents/guardians and students meet with the administration for an interview
- All new students will be admitted on probation for a three -month period